Friday, February 15, 2013
Friday, February 1, 2013
Students interview Andrew West the Curriculum Coordinator for WNWSU talking about the new 1:1 netbook deployment.
Friday, January 18, 2013
Students: Pavin Parrish and Jessica Chase
Guest: Tanner Pratt
- Winter Ball Postponed until Saturday January 26
- Williamstown Basketball player Jason Manwaring (sp?) scored his 1000th point in Rochester on Tuesday - the game was covered by Channel 3 from Burlington
- The first semester of academics ended today, second semester begins on Monday
- Monday is a 1/2 day of school for students
- The first issue of "Rocketimes" (the school newspaper) came out this week, pick up a copy!
Interview with Tanner Pratt
- Tanner is a Rochester senior attending the VAST (Vermont Academy of Science and Technology) program at VTC - combining his last year of high school with his freshman year of college. We will have a conversation with Tanner about how it's going, what classes he has taken, what he's liked and disliked, how he has managed to attend college and still play high school sports for Rochester, whether he would recommend the program to other students, and anything else that comes up!
Friday, January 11, 2013
Show Notes for Podcast # 4: Friday January 11
Guest: Peter Parrish
Hosts: Mike Smith and Jay Benson
- Grease Auditions underway
- School is hosting its first Blood Drive on Thursday from noon - 5 in the FCS room
- Varsity Boys Undefeated, next home game on Tuesday vs. Williamstown (also undefeated, should be one of the games of the year!)
- AND, Varsity Girls won their first game last night over Mid-Vermont, and here to talk about it is coach Peter Parrish
Interview with Pete:
- Is this your first season coaching girls and how does it compare to coaching the boys?
- What were your expectations coming into the season? What were you looking to get out of this experience?
- How do you like coaching your daughter, is that hard or easy?
- What offense are you working on with the girls, and how is it going?
- With such a young team (one senior and no juniors) how much of a problem is leadership and lack of experience?
- Do you think our home court is an advantage or a disadvantage?
- How do the other teams in the league stack up in terms of competition?
- Thanks for Pete’s time and comments, hope to see lot of people out at the games next week.
And best wishes from everyone at Rochester School to Packy West on his recovery!
Posted by Anonymous at 12:32 PM